Monday, February 18, 2008

Post holiday blues

Spent Saturday at City Square (kind of like a smaller version of KL's shopping complexes). Ended up going on an 'emo' shopping spree, spent more than RM200 on story books and autobiographies. Then, went and nearly drown myself in the swimming pool (I can't swim. Problem is; That did not go down well with me, so I insisted on forcing myself to learn.. still learning)

Last night, I slept late coz i had to do the roster for my group members. Super hard to squeeze people in different weekly slots to avoid overlapping of tasks. Did not really have time to read up for today's ward rounds, so was feeling rather stressed about it that I could not really sleep (although it's already 1am). Woke up at 7am feeling tired, sleepy, sick (on the 1st day of clinical years), and cranky, as if I'm the most miserable person on the face of the Earth. Was expecting to be roasted in the medical wards (by the super fierce head of department, whose reputation precedes her, if we ever bump into her lar) and tutorials (since I did not read up anything).. turned out to be better than expected though.. we got a very good Pakistani doctor who really knew his stuff, and managed to explain everything in detail. Physical examination; not the best, could use more practice.. we were looking for a patient with COPD, and turned out to be a Chinese patient. I was like thinking, "Aiyoh, I have to speak Mandarin with this fella??" Fortunately the guy was from Perak, and was able to speak Cantonese, but mine is still abit broken here and there lar.. And we had a good laugh during the clinical skills tutorial. Tired, but I think it's an ok start..

And it finally rained in JB after more than a week or so. Nice weather to sleep..

1 comment:

bookatitle said...

RM200..! :O

All the best in learning to swim! :D Its very fun!