Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My brain is among the clouds


1. Was sick yesterday. Have been feeling tired and the urge to sleep alot too lately.
2. Was stressed over post-V&P interview, now have to decide whether to return the membership form on Wednesday.
3. MCR (ie monthly practical exam) went on longer than expected as there were 2 students doing it today (examiner was busy last week due to AMC visit.. but the case we were assigned was GIT / abdomen. How do you find an abdominal case in an outpatient clinic of which majority of patients come in with hypertension . diabetes?)
4. As a result of the MCR, I was unable to attend bedside teaching today. Our surgical bedside tutor was damn pissed coz as a result of some miscommunication, other group members didn't clerk patients beforehand 2 be presented. As a result, all had to bear the brunt of various not so nice words coming out from him lar.. "atrocious, unprofessional, worse than the group before this, horrible, lazy, not seeing enough patients, how are you going to become good clinicians, disappointing, last time we all camp out in the wards to look for cases and now u guys would rather sleep instead of showing up for ward rounds etc" And needless to say, there was a lot of explaning to do lar, since he also walked from the wards all the way up to the clinical school to hammer the faculty staff..

Overall, a lousy day for me.

Addendum: Thank you to someone (you know who you are) for cheering me up with this:
Ah Beng was asked to make a sentence using 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. Not only did he do it 1 to 10, he did it again from 10 back to 1. This is what he came up with...

1 day I go 2 climb a 3 outside a house to peep. But the couple saw me, so I panic and 4 down. The man rushed out and wanted to 5 with me. I ran until I fell 6 and threw up. So I go into 7-eleven and grabbed some 8 to throw at him. Then I took a 9 and try to stab at him. 10 God he run away.

10 I put the 9 back and pay for the 8 and left 7-eleven. Next day I called my boss and told him I was 6. He said 5, tomorrow also no need to come back 4 work. He also asked me to go climb a 3 and jump down. I don't understand. I am so nice 2 him but I don't know what he 1.

No comments: