Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Why God is never late in answering prayer :-)

Currently listening: Your grace is sufficient
Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

4th year medical students have to do a case write-up on a chronic illness / disability patient as part of their GP posting. So while at my private GP, I clerked and examined a boy who came in with his mum, due to poorly controlled asthma. Took down his medications, and enquired a bit about his family and stuff.. technically I'm supposed to review him again a 2nd time, and I was only at the private GP for 6 weeks, not knowing when he will come in. So in the 2 weeks leading up to the deadline I decided to give my patient's mum a call to check on how they are doing, and to request more information required in the assignment guidelines.

To my horror, the handphone number on the patient's case file was no longer in service, and my GP suggested me going over to the patient's house based on the address given, which I did, but nobody was at home (probably went out to buy food for breaking fast). Costly trip it was to go there twice(RM17 each time by taxi, return trip by bus). Since they were not around on this recent Sunday afternoon, left a note requesting them to contact me, and left. Prayed and ask God to open up a way, coz as much as possible I do not wanna make up stuff (ie cheating)..

It was an agonising wait, 7pm.. 8pm.. 9pm.. and all I've got so far is the basic skeleton of my assignment, with the next day (Monday) being the deadline. Then out of nowhere at 9.45pm I received a phone call from a source I completely did not expect. My GP called, "Gary, you remembered the asthma patient you wanted? I was about to close my clinic when his mum brought him in for an acute exacerbation. He is now on nebuliser. Would you like to talk to the mum?" All of a sudden the rest was history, did my best, and whatever marks came out from the assignment no longer mattered.

No comments: