Monday, August 23, 2010

Rain drops on my window pane

Currently listening: 齊為此地呼求 (Cry out for the land)
by: 讚美之泉 (Stream of Praise)


Started my 1st day of general surgery elective. Observed a thyroidectomy and mastectomy (breast excision). Consultant was nice enough to allow me a rare opportunity to scrub in to assist a hernia repair. God is good.

Forgot to bring umbrella, so got drenched in the afternoon thunderstorm, exhausted and not feeling so well. God is still good.

Still waiting to see how my accommodation issue will play out. Parents not happy. It's ok. God is still good. In such times, help me to see that all things work for the good of those who love you.

It has been 17 years of God's faithfulness in Hope JB. Time flies, since I 1st set foot 2.5 years ago, as someone who barely knew how to speak Mandarin.. Encouraged being reminded of pastor's testimony, from failing high school, to miraculously getting through bible college in Australia.. to his decision to come back to Malaysia, how God honoured such a seemingly insignificant beginning and was able to mightily used a seemingly useless person, with no special talents. God is good.

Was telling a junior of mine a few days ago about my EBCP assignment crisis a few years back, when 2 days before the deadline, I discovered that my article had some problems and could not be used.. On the eve of the deadline, I had to make a decision whether to go for church prayer meeting or stay home and work on my assignment (still could not complete my Medline search on the previous night), but I made the decision to go, so I prayed that I shall give my best without compromise. That was my 1st year in Hope JB, and also the time I learnt that God will honour those who honour Him. On the morning of the Friday deadline, my work turned out to be more productive in those 2 hours, as compared to the previous 2 days. Although I was contented with a 'pass' as I handed up my assignment, I was blessed with a near perfect score, something which was beyond my imagination.. God is good.

No comments: