Monday, October 18, 2010

Free time + People I'm grateful to

Currently listening: Rob Thomas - Little wonders (OST: Meet the Robinsons)
Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

1. Revisited some my earlier posts when I 1st blogging, and was thinking to myself, did I actually write them? Coz they sounded childish and rather immature.. Oh well..

2. At times I tend to end up comparing with others the things I do..and it can get frustrating when I struggle to comprehend certain people's mindset. Nevertheless, got reminded of Psalm 126:5-6 - Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.

3. Surgical elective concluded with a record number of surgeries witnessed and assisted (on my part as medical student) and a favourable report expressing confidence from my supervisor, which I'm thankful for.. She actually wrote at length about my strengths and areas for improvement. Monash doesn't pay her for my elective, and I felt a bit 'pai seh' when she invited me for her Hari Raya open house, so my way of thanking her and the department? A box of chocolates should do the trick :)

4. Dermatological posting was exciting - lasted only 4 days, but covered most of the skin conditions I would loved to have seen and diagnosed..

5. I requested several books from the main campus via intercampus loan. The people in Sunway initially refused since they only have 1 copy each, instead suggesting for the clinical school library to acquire the books over time. I'm thankful for our librarian here. No doubt it's a case by case basis, but she actually fought for the books on the basis that I'm a final year student. To my amazement, the books actually arrived within 2 days, guess I owed her one :)

No comments: