Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Eureka camp 2016 - Part 1 (Personal breakthrough)


Took leave for a 2 days 2 nights student group camp in Broga - teambuilding activities and challenges. Some overcame fear of heights (wall climbing and flying fox), others attained personal breakthroughs by not giving up in the tasks assigned. Woke up at 5am on the last day for a morning hike up to Broga Hill. In the dark, there were various points during the climb of just wanting to give up and go back down (already felt hypoxic and muscle aches), but I just pushed myself to keep on going, and we all made it to the top.

Personal reflection: I push myself, because I believe that physical limitations should not hinder us from accomplishing certain tasks, it's a matter of personal willingness (also I believe that as a leader, when one takes up the challenge and attains personal breakthrough, it inspires others to do likewise). But I guess I also need to learn how not to impose my view and set expectations on others unnecessarily - because there is a tendency to result in harsh judgement if I'm not careful.

No comments: