Friday, January 15, 2016

New year 2016 - Hope is rising

Currently meditating on:


It has been ages since I wrote my last post. Guess busyness took its toll on something I used to enjoy doing. 2015 has come and gone, there were moments of breakthrough and disappointments, positive lessons as well as failures.

Things have not been easy in several aspects, some appear to be worsening. Family situations, expectations and stressors from work environment, ministry direction, career and academic development. There were times of being forced to reevaluate what I actually believe, with many voices telling you about the hopelessness and impossibility of certain matters.

There were positive lessons nevertheless, which I shared during year end thanksgiving LG. I still hold on to 2 things: challenging myself to take steps of faith where required, and choosing to honour God (and He will honour us). I'm thankful for leaders and a mentor / shepherd who were patient with me in times when I can be quite a difficult person to bear with.

Was asked to prepare a testimony for church camp in India back in October, and spent the whole week cracking my head to no avail - until I was challenged that it need not necessarily be success stories, but lessons learnt and personal convictions (what I see in certain situations / believe God for). Thankful that it proved to be a great encouragement and eye opener to brothers and sisters in the camp. And I saw God's hand at work in opening doors for that trip - it was a season of frozen leaves due to postgraduate exams and lack of staff, but I made the decision to take a step of faith and book my flight in advance, then see how it goes. It was a miracle that my leave got approved 2 days before camp! Praise God :)

I don't consider myself the smartest of the lot among my colleagues - I do get scolded many times for mistakes and knowledge gaps. I'm not perfect, there were times when my emotions got the better of me (occasionally housemen bore the brunt of my outburst). God's grace was sufficient for me though, as I remind myself to just do my best in terms of work and maintain a right attitude (pray and ask God to guard my heart). I guess it came as a surprise when the marks I received from my supervisor consultant for performance evaluation turned out to be the highest so far throughout my time in the department.

MNC has been a refreshing time of reminding me that God desires that we continue to move forward and partner with Him to pioneer. Was inspired by stories of ordinary people who went out of their comfort zone to do outreach work in the rural areas of East Malaysia, as well as ex-comrades from Sunway Monash CF who went against the norm and made a difference in the education world.

MNC 2015 Flashback from Hope Kuala Lumpur on Vimeo.


As I leave 2015, 2016 shall be a year of 'More of God, less of me'. Also a new way of looking at and doing things. Not sure what lies ahead, but would like to believe that hope shall arise. Lord, help me to lay down my pride and preferences, and repent of things which do not glorify you - wish to experience you deeper and witness you doing great things that no one has ever imagined.

No comments: