Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Would you..?

Before that, one message goes out to a friend of mine, Ms Chan Sue Anne from IMU who is currently in Melbourne for holiday:
VERY SORRY, I AM UNABLE TO COME DOWN TO THE CITY TO VISIT YOU. ANYWAYZ, HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS!!! :-)

Back to the topic. How much do you love your mum? To the extent that you are willing to sacrifice your medical career to be with her? There's a friend of mine who is considering whether to transfer from the Malaysia course to the Clayton course, failing which she would quit and reapply to Monash Clayton to start from scratch.

There are risks involved, though. One may not get the offer a second time around. More time, money and effort to be put in. Considering the fact that medicine is not easy or cheap, and with so many inconveniences and uncertainties, some people just could not understand the rationale behind it. Yet I admire the fact that she is willing to do it out of love for her mum. Sometimes I myself wonder whether I am able to bring myself to do that when the situation arises..(don't get me wrong, I love my mum)

No comments: