Friday, October 09, 2009

Exam season - Snippets of God's faithfulness

"....give thanks for my shepherd, whose sharing deeply encouraged and renewed me in my walk with God. He did mention the importance behind every choices we make, and that one of the key to breakthrough in certain areas that we can see, is seeking 1st God’s kingdom and His righteousness, to lay down ourselves and put Him at the centre of what we do. Then, we see how God is able to open the floodgates of heaven, because 1st and foremost, God looks at the heart, not at your ability. As we continue to do so, we know that He will be with us always, in the things that we do. One example includes how despite his final thesis presentation scheduled the next morning, and he is only half-done with it, he made the decision not to compromise, but to sacrifice whatever little time he had left and attend the Vision and Philosophy class on that very night, and by the time he got home it was already past midnight. Nevertheless, despite the lack of time, able to see how God helped him pull through, and even provided him with the best thesis and overall top architecture student award in UTM. It definitely served as an encouragement to me as we approached the season of final exams.."
Christopher Heng

"....I wanted to testify to God’s goodness over the past week or so, where I have been extremely busy with submission. Although the presentation has been postponed to Friday, but I fell sick on Monday and it became so bad even on Tuesday that I was unable to get out of bed. I felt very weak and needed to rest, and initially did not intend to go for caregroup on Wednesday despite being rostered to come up with games for this week. Nevertheless, I got reminded of a passage where God loves a cheerful giver, and I want to give Him my best. Today, I resolve to tell myself not to complain, give excuses or do things just for the sake of completing it, but in our everyday ministry and serving Him, let us truly see it as a privilege to do so. Throughout the process of preparing and leading games, gradually I experienced God’s renewal not only spiritually, but also physically. All glory belongs to Him."
Jing Jing

No comments: