Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Give and take away

Be careful what you ask for
Before I went to sleep on Sunday night, I asked, "God, can give me more motivation and make me more hardworking ar? Coz I felt as if I am being lazy and have not been doing much work.. The next day, a new consultant turned up in the ward and start bombarding me with quizzes and questions on basic and clinical sciences. Some I know the answer to (and managed to dodge), others I need to look up. And he did that for ALMOST every patient - My goodness, that was the LONGEST ward round in a while..

Prayer development ministry
Thankful that I went. Know your identity and in whom you find your security.

Oceania Convention 2010
Gold Coast in 2 days time. Heart preparation required.

It's a bitter pill to swallow..

..when you realise that you won battles but not the war.. when something you thought had gone well in the past did not turn out as expected when you reviewed it a second time around. Felt like one of the pillars of strength which you have built on all this while, suddenly being reduced to dust. Nevertheless, there were several reasons for me to feel upset, but delving deeper to the root of the problem, it took a song on the train ride home to serve a gentle reminder - (the lyrics speak for themselves) and also to give thanks in all circumstances.
Currently listening: Laura Story - Bless the Lord

Verse 1
You give and take away for my good
For who am I to say what I need
For You alone see the hidden parts of me
That need to be stripped away

Verse 2

And as You begin to refine
I'm learning to let go and rely
On One who walks with me
As hard as it may be
You're teaching me all the while to say

Chorus
Bless the Lord, O my soul
All that's in me bless Your name
Forget not Your power untold
Not Your glory or Your fame
For You came to heal the broken
To redeem and make me whole
Bless the Lord, O my soul

Bridge
Though my faith may falter and my strength may fail
I pray for eyes to see
The richness of Your mercy shown to me
Bless the Lord, bless the Lord

No comments: