Friday, March 26, 2010

It's all about You

Currently listening: Reuben Morgan - With All I Am

Decisions can be hard at times; so do we actually mean it when we sing,
"Though none go with me, I still will follow (x3), no turning back, no turning back."

Belated Connect sharing

Monday - Delirium workshop at Peninsula campus
Wednesday - SIM centre, final day

This week, I only had the chance to be in the aged care rehabilitation ward on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday - and I was feeling quite tired after long days for SIM centre in the city. Anyway, what happened was that I tried to be more proactive in terms of taking initiative, so I will be the one who arrives in the ward early in the morning before the doctors' rounds to help get things done. For this, I think I found favour with the resident and registrar (who although still scolds me, actually teaches and guides me through stuff in front of the computer). Not sure if the other student paired with me is happy about it though, doesn't look like it, with sarcastic remarks about me needing hearing aids when I found it difficult to catch her accent (by the way, she comes late for ward rounds and goes home during lunch).

Although our consultant supervisor will be leaving this week, he indicated to me that he will discuss with my registrar before filling up our assessment form for the rotation later when he is free. Nevertheless, my partner cleverly sneaked to the office to grab both our assessment forms and arranged with the consultant to get them out the way on Friday. I suspect she plans not to show up in the wards for the next 3 weeks with her assessment form out of the way. That essentially means while she has completed her 2 modules, I have 4 modules to cram overnight on Thursday before the assessment (including the additional health systems module that Malaysian students have to do). As I was typing out my thorough patient history and results according to the study guide, one thing which I don't really need is for people to tell me that I am wasting time by doing it as a long case (all she had was just a copied summary of the patient notes for brief discussions with the consultant). I supposed it frustrated me that I just felt like grumbling and complaining, "God, its NOT FAIR. She gets more time to read up and prepare, and she gets away with such things."

But I got reminded of Colossians 3:23-24 - 'Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.' Who are we living for? Today, as we go into our workplace / universities, our boss is not the employer who pays our salary, or the institution which offers us scholarships, or your supervisor whom you are worried what marks he will give you - our boss is J.E.S.U.S. We do not do things for the sake of pleasing man / our personal benefits. People may cheat their way and take advantage when their boss is not around (or call you stupid in the process for not being like them), but it's ok. Sooner or later, people will notice the difference, and like Matthew 5:16 puts it - 'In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.' To cut the long story short, as I upheld it unto God's hand whatever the outcome (nothing more I could do), I managed to complete all my modules for Friday, and scored pretty high marks from my consultant too :-) My registrar took me out for coffee, and somehow was able to unexpectedly see how God opened a way for us to start informally chatting about Youth group (music and singing, church etc).

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

耶和华,你是我的神 (Jehovah, You are my God)
讚美之泉 (by: Stream of Praise)


耶和華你是我的神,我要時時稱頌你的名,
(Oh God, You are my God. I will always praise Your holy name.)
你是我的盾牌,是我的榮耀,又是叫我抬起頭的神。
(You alone are my shield, my glory. Lord, You are the lifter of my head.)
縱然仇敵圍繞攻擊我,在你懷中必不怕遭害。
(When my foes surround me in the night. In Your arms I will not be afraid.)
你是我的神,我所倚靠的,你同在使我完全得勝。
(I will trust in You, for You are my God. In Your presence there is victory.)

No comments: