Sunday, March 06, 2011

Give praise

Currently listening: Hillsong - Hallelujah

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to tread on the heights.

Habakkuk 3:17-19

So to continue on from my previous post, 2 take home messages: joy and acceptance. Ethan reminded me during shepherding that it is very important that in all things we do, to do it out of joy and give praise to God whatever the outcome, otherwise a sense of discontent and bitterness will arise when we don't safeguard our heart.

Many times the expectation is there - I would admit that many times I do get upset when people don't respond the way I intended / produce certain outcome or result, something to improve as I got reminded by my shepherd, "You are dealing with humans, not robots, who naturally have a tendency to look at their limitations and self-interests 1st, rather than expressing their willingness. Take ministry for example - what if you get a sheep in the future which doesn't see the value of committing to certain things? Or lacks accountability and frequently lands you in trouble? If they still refuse to change after having done your best, then it's between them and God. But until then, how would you then continue to impart and encourage, sometimes challenge?"

Nevertheless, the things I want to praise Him for this week, despite the bad times:
-A department which teaches a lot.
-My leave for convocation approved after much waiting.
-Performing procedures which I had waited for so long.
-The strength to survive another busy on call.

No comments: