Sunday, May 29, 2011

Not by might

Currently listening: Paradise - How could I live without You

"Let's not pray for problems to disappear, for there will always be problems, but we pray for the strength and perseverance to go through it."

That was what Ethan and I agreed, whatever posting I get after Surgery - and it turned out to be O&G.

Sister Christine's testimony during Sunday service served as a big encouragement, of how the BM church started within a church consisting of mainly Chinese-speaking congregation members, when somebody captured God's heartbeat, and was willing to take that step forward to respond by moving to JB to see such a group of people coming to know God's vision. No doubt it was tough despite the early enthusiasm, and there came a point of wanting to give up, but the reminder was always to hold on to God's calling and promises, why He had brought you here for in the 1st place.

Past 2 weekends have been busy, on call for surgery and tagging O&G. Nevertheless, managed to squeeze out some lunchbreak time for Monash prayer. During today's praise and worship, the above-mentioned song really spoke to my heart deeply, coz I was asking God, "If I'm going to work everyday from early morning to late at night, what can I do? Don't even have enough time to sleep, what more do ministry or see something happen?" And the verse which came to mind was 2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people would humble themselves, seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I WILL hear from heaven, forgive their sins and heal their land. I can intercede, and the past 2 weeks I was gifted the opportunity and some time to do so over lunch. His word says, "Ask of me, and I will give you the nations as your inheritance (Psalms 2:8)" Today, it is not by might nor by power, it is not so much about how much I can do, coz apart from Him we can do nothing. Continue to proclaim, continue to plant and water the seed, whatever happens, leave it unto His hands.

No comments: