Sunday, May 28, 2006

3 lessons..

1. Money is not everything
2. Thou shalt not impose thy expectations on others
3. Thou shalt not judge others

1. Hope Church. Surprising that Pastor Mark knew about my problems when he touched my head (i see a wallet, i think that implies financial problems..i would ask u 2 remain faithful n trust in Him to provide for you in your time of need..)

2 and 3. For some reason, I feel that i am becoming more and more of a self-inflicted perfectionist. A friend wasn't too happy that I made a joke about his smoking. Guess I had to learn more about other people's forms on stress release. Another friend pointed out to me that I seemed a bit discriminative towards such people. Come to think of it, I think I am. I mean, I tend to dislike people who do things which I feel are detrimental to their own health and harming others at the same time. In other words, I have little sympathy towards smokers, alcoholics who practise domestic violence, snatch theft deaths caused by drug addicts, people who got HIV/AIDS from multiple sexual partners, and still refuse to repent / have no remorse for their actions. But come to think of it, God made us all to be different in our own ways. Nobody is perfect (but perfection must be aimed for by trusing in God if we are to receive the coming blessing - Genesis 17:1-17). I guess I have no right to impose my judgement upon these people because I too make my own mistakes. (refer to Matthew 7:1-6) Furthermore, medical sociology and the Health Enhancement Program tells us about the various factors people resort to such measures...stresses at work places, position at the lower social class, measures they perceive to be effective so far (eg smoking), financial difficulties, cultural practices, lack of education etc. If we turn them away, who will help them?

Hippocratic Oath: In every house where I come I will enter only for the good of my patients, keeping myself far from all intentional ill-doing and all seduction and especially from the pleasures of love with women or with men, be they free or slaves. (refer also to Matthew 9:12)

No comments: