Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I'm supposed to bake tonight..

..but I don't feel in the mood to make brownies. I was emo, so I went and printed out 18 pages of journal articles which I probably wouldn't read at all.

I think I shall read up more next time before I walk into a PBL.

Today I was supposed to clerk and examine a patient for tomorrow's bedside teaching. Last week a patient thought I was Japanese. Today, the patient thought I was Pakistani (what the??). And being a diabetic who had a below knee amputation of his right leg, he clearly was not happy with the doctor for not saving his leg, coz he heard that some. His daughter, who is a pharmacist understood that the doctor back then would have explained the need for the procedure. But he started rambling about irrelevant stuff which I don't really wanted or needed to hear, analogies like how doctors are more concerned with buying a new car (ie amputation) rather than repairing the old one (conservative treatment). So I wasted 20 minutes entertaining him, and missed witnessing a lumbar puncture, coz a bit not nice lar if you leave all of a sudden, his family is there.

And I guess I just have quite a bit of questions runing through my mind at the moment..

No comments: