Sunday, March 09, 2008

The past week..

The past week was of mixed feelings..

Good side:
I finally baked chocolate brownies for a pot luck dinner with my classmate neighbours.

Bad side:
Wasted 3 hours doing so. Thanks to my mood swing, the brownies turned out to be abit.. hard crust floating on top, and fluidish like an ocean below (more like pudding rather than cake-like). Reminds me of molten rock you see in volcanoes (rock on top, lava below) you know? and some joker commented in medical terms that it's black, so looks like melaena.. So guess what? I named my new creation volcanic melaena. haha.. (though much to the displeasure of those who were eating) but its actually delicious (sorry, forgot to take photo).

Good side:
Because of the birthday celebrations and my tendency to procrastinate and leave things til the last minute, I did not really have the time to do a homework read-up assignment for ECG and long case. I was like.. "Ok, sure going to get scolded badly by my tutor for not knowing stuff.." But instead our long case tutor happened to be in a pretty good mood on that day, so ya.. thank God. Of course, there were a few cynical remarks when he grilled me with questions, "Mr Leong, the girls are doing better than the boys. Please do something to save the male race from extinction.." Don't get me wrong, he is a very good tutor. He forwarded an invitation email to a medical education talk at the Hyatt. It was a good talk on COPD, can correlate to our PBL - we learnt about the unexpected benefit of an old drug. But I want to show the food we had, my goodness.. hotel buffet style lar :-)



Bad side:
I won't mention what situations, but was (or had a feeling of) being labelled (directly or indirectly) all sorts of things, ranging from forgetful to incompetent to childish.. but I guess there are 2 things which I will still need to work on..

1. Security in God.
2. "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." -Eleanor Roosevelt-
1 Timothy 4:12 - Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

No comments: