Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Post-mamak mumblings past midnight

Me, Ben, Chris and Anna tried studying at the mamak beside our apartment. IMHO, didn't work out very well for me (unless you can see Ben enthusiastically doing his homework). It's ok, we'll probably try the Hyatt hotel tea house next time (apparently the cakes are quite nice). Ben quoted that too bad there's no Starbucks nearby.

I guess some things are best left unsaid, but rather penned down and chucked away somewhere far away, where you'll probably never see it ever again until you decide to reflect upon it sometime in the future.. Aren't they? (no, I'm not referring to the 'H' or 'D' words.. ) as in; some things which you already know the answer, and there is no need to talk much over them, but you still choose to blurt them out - and its effect has evaporated upon repetition. not sure why.. or maybe even other matters which technically have already been resolved, but brought back to the surface. Duno lar..

I'm tired, and sleepy, and I didn't really prepare much for the PBL tutorial tomorrow (I will admit that I hate walking into PBLs not knowing what in the world I'm talking about - at times it gives me a sense of insecurity) I had a fall yesterday and bruised my left knee (ie now I'm limping in a crepe bandage for 3 days). I have trouble walking up and down the stairs, as well as getting into a car (Why in the world is Monash located at the top of a hill?). And I'm supposed to somehow make my way to the wards to find 3 patients by tomorrow, and also finish reading basic ECG? You kidding me?

I'm thankful I'm not doing surgery posting 1st. Although it's less taxing in terms of exam material, apparently surgeons (especially Malaysian surgeons are crazy). They call you in the middle of your dinner at 7.30 pm, or while you were sleeping at 5.30 am, and tell you, "You have 15 minutes to gather everyone in your group and come to my Operating Theatre / Clinic, I want to show / teach you something." and if 1 team member cannot make it, apparently it is an insult to them, and the whole group can forget it.

It's only the 3rd week.. there's already silent ramblings on not wanting to repeat 3rd year. Stress levels are up. And here I am, sitting here, looking up and wondering. Just..wondering. Wondering what can be done and what will You do.. And sometimes even zoning out.

On a different note, was wondering how does one practise 'The Celebration Principle'? ie John Maxwell - 'The true test of relationships is not only how loyal we are when our friends fail, but how thrilled we are when they succeed.'

No comments: