Monday, April 19, 2010

Final few days in Melbourne Part 1: Hospital

At the final team meeting, our consultant made a mention that it was my last team meeting, and wished me all the best as I fly home, after all the hard work - surprisingly even my registrar nodded his head in agreement, and the nurses and allied health people gave some applause for a job well done *happy* :p

So the next day I brought a box of chocolates for the ward staff whom I befriended, and the nurses returned the favour by inviting me over for lunch (they had potluck since it was 1 of their colleague's birthday) - so imagine me as the odd medical student sitting at the table, with a bunch people from the 'aunties' age group :p It's actually quite a multicultural ward, with staff from Malaysia, Europe, Philippines, India etc. (even some patients are non-English speaking!) Anyway, as we were having lunch, the doctors passed by, stuck their head in, and gave the 'What is my medical student doing with the nurses?' kind of look.. :p Lunch break!!! lolz


So this is the view of my 2nd hospital from the outside and below is the medical student lounge in the hospital - it has...computers, pantry with a fridge and microwave, water dispenser, sofa to sleep on, plasma TV!!!

No comments: