Monday, April 19, 2010

Final few days in Melbourne Part 2: 1000 steps and final lifegroup

Currently listening: Daughtry - Home
Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

1000 steps
Yu Wan sms-ed me somewhere in March while I was in the middle of ward rounds, "Gary, do you wanna go for 1000 steps? Your Facebook says you wanna lose some weight right before you go back?" *swt* And so we went - as a Lifegroup after Sunday service to once again climb the Mount Dandenong trail. 1 mistake I made was forgetting that it was already autumn - winter is approaching, I turned up in t-shirt and shorts (it was F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G).. and guess what; when we were on the way up to the foot of the steps, it started HAILING heavily.. to avoid everybody getting sick, had to divert to a nearby shelter, everybody was drenched though.

Funny that after that you can hear "Gary, it's all your fault!!" hahaha.. hello? I did not organise this - can't blame me. Once the hail stopped, Ivy suggested making Yu Wan the sacrificial lamb if it started raining again lolz.. A decision was made to try going up a second time (of course after praying that it will not rain) - it's encouraging to see everyone (even those who are not very fit) make it to the top despite the slippery slopes, mud on our shoes and chilly winds - must persevere on!!! Then later had a picnic (in freezing weather), where we played a game run by Mang Yik requiring people to guess certain facts about me (copied from my Facebook apparently) - but the weird thing is, since when did I mention I intend to get married before the age of 30??!!!! IT'S NOT ON MY FACEBOOK!!!!!! :p lolz

But overall a good and enjoyable time :-) (except that on the next morning I had to miss morning ward rounds coz the muscles on my whole body felt like a stiff and painful block of ice)..

Final lifegroup
Had a good time of sharing on campus. Appreciated Zhi Lin and co for their effort in attempted rendition of John Denver's 'Leaving on a Jet Plane' and Emil Chau's 'Peng You (Friends)' before I left.



I suppose even as I return to JB.. quite a few things which need to think through, especially with quite a number of things which had been imparted / spoken by others. Like Jason shared before I walked into the departure lounge, take some time to quieten down, and think of what to do next.

1 comment:

Jaszz said...

wow...he literally played the whole peng you song in G key...LOL!