Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Post-call musings over past week

Currently listening: Hillsong - You are my strength
>
He is able and He will enable
Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer.
-Habakkuk 3:17-19-

p/s: Thanks Christina!

What does it take to be able to say 'as you will' each step of the way?
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?" he asked Peter. "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."
-Matthew 26:39-41-

No comments: