Wednesday, July 12, 2006

20 years on: The journey so far..


I'm a reflective person (inside my frontal lobe that is, but somehow I couldn't really translate my thoughts into words although I'm more of a writer than a speaker). From time to time, I would like to be left alone as I stare far ahead into the distance wondering what lies ahead of me. (Of course I can't see what the future holds, so I'll let tomorrow worry about itself.) At the same time, I tend to turn back the clock and ponder on things of the past. Things which have happened. Stupid and ridiculous things which I have done. Friends and neighbours from my primary school until now who have come and gone. My studies. My life. My joy and despair. My rights and wrongs. The 'could have beens'. (Some things from the past do come back to haunt me from time to time.) The wonderful memories. Sometimes I feel that I look back too much that my past seems to be pulling me down. All good things must come to an end one day, no matter how much we want them to stay. Wonder why in the world am I saying this now. Maybe I'm thinking too much. Maybe I'm bored. (don't worry, i have not lost my sanity yet) Am I really that anti-social? People commented that they dare not come to me because I put up a frowning look 90% of the time..

1 comment:

Jaszz said...

hmmz..actually, it's the same for me. I like to ponder about things that happened in the past. sometimes i feel sad thinking about it, sometimes i just feel happy thinking about it. But it's these things that give us memories and i would love to keep them, no matter bitter or sweet. Whatever has passed has passed, do not let them pull you down, cause greater things are on the way! Amen? press on for Jesus!