Thursday, July 27, 2006

Simply Annoying Idiot.. (another ranting post)

I thought receptionists are supposed to be one of the nicest people you would ever meet. For some reason they have been invlolved in at least 2 incidents where I nearly felt like smacking them.. First incident was at my cousin's apartment when they wouldn't let me enter for 'security' reasons (for some reason I look like a serial rapist to them)

But first, I don't really know WHY IN THE WORLD did I choose surgical anatomy as my selective.. The surgeon that my group was assigned to will only be around once a month (and since we won't be able to see him next week because we are away on rural placement, next date available is 31 August.. what do we do in the other 7 weeks then?)..

The receptionist of the head and neck surgery is just plain annoying.. Halfway when I was speaking to her in the library on the phone, she complained that she couldn't really hear me on the phone and asked me "Can you please call me back when YOUR phone's reception is 'clearer'..?"

So I went to the campus centre to top up my phone credit (bear in mind that lecture starts in 1 hour, and I haven't had my lunch, haven't printed my lecture notes, haven't read through stuff for my afternoon study group).. and when I called her, halfway through the conversation again, she was complaining stuff like, "Are you walking? Can you just stand still for a moment because I can't really here you?!!!", [sound of people talking and walking nearby] "This is ridiculous.. how am I suppose to talk to you when there is so much noise in the background?" It's a miracle that from what she said and the way she said it, I did not blow my top or do anything that might jeopardise my group's selective experience (so far.. i'm pissed, seriously.. i initially wanted to go up to the clinic and 'cekik' her..ARGH!! [geram betul..]).. Honestly, she's really really asking for it.. now my day is ruined..

I haven't really used any inappropriate language for more than 3 months already and I don't remember when was the last time I lost my temper, so I really hope that she won't be the excuse that triggers it.. Control.. control..

No comments: