Friday, May 04, 2007

*Speechless: Expect the Unexpected*

18 April 2007 (ie more than 2 weeks ago)
Venue: Sunway Pyramid

Me, Min Chiee, Sisca, Anna, Alvin and Joo went for a movie after our mid semester exams..
Sisca: Ok, so what do we do now after movie?
Me: Duno lar.. I'm pretty DEPRESSED now, thanks to the exams, and when I am, I sometimes try to de-stress by looking for an excuse to spend money.. (Note: bad example, please do not follow :p money should be spent wisely)
Somebody: Aiyo, why lar you so stressed over the exams? 5% of the year's marks only mar.. Eh, instead of spending it wastefully, why don't you bless us by giving our stomachs a treat?!!
Me: Ya right, I'll do that if I manage to achieve the target I set for my exam lor..
Anna: So what's your target?
Me: My average has been hovering around 70 lor for last year.. So I'll be happy lar if I get that or better.. but right now main objective is to pass!
Min Chiee: Don't worry lar.. sure ok one!!
Anna: You say one ar.. we hold you accountable to your word..
Me: *thinks to self* Ya, right.. easier said than done.. we sat for a killer paper imported from Clayton with quite a lot of 1st year anatomy which we all have already forgotten and stuff which are not even in our Malaysian lecture notes compared to the Aussies.. not even sure of passing wanna set such targets.. can dream on lar Gary with more than 30++ potential mistakes..

I'll admit that exam seasons (one of those times when you really need God the most) for some reason will tend to turn out to be dry seasons for me (even last year).. will try to turn that around.. I'll just freak out when exams are around the corner (reminds me that during my days in A-Levels, it came to the point that my ex-teacher actually recommended that I make an appointment to see the college counsellor / psychologist).. Anyway, for this one, really crammed until my brain cannot take it anymore (damn stressed wei.. and yet there were still a lot of stuff left to be covered).. I know lar that this is the year of humbling for me and my pride, but whatever happens let it be lar.. I surrender this all to You..

4 May 2007 (ie today)
Venue: Lecture theatre

A few of us: What?? OMG, exam results out already?? Gary, why do you have to check MUSO at the time when all of us are SO looking forward to enjoy the weekend??!! @#%@#$^ Oh CRAP.. the borderline (passing mark) is SO high at a record of 56????

........ Like I said, whatever will be will be lar.........

A few minutes later..
Anna: Gary, *smiling, rubbing hands in glee* remember your promise last time? You owe us a very big lunch..

All of a sudden, 'thank you' just seem too small the words to use..
And I foresee a fairly BIG hole in my pocket..

Moral of the story:
1. Nothing is impossible (Phillipians 4:13), there will alwayz be hope.
2. Learn to trust (Proverbs 3:5-6)
3. Erm.. never make such a bet again in the future?? :p lolz

No comments: