Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tonight..

.. is my first time learning to become chairperson of my Care Group..
The theme: The Winning Attitude as a student / in your workplace: You are your lense

Initially I was like thinking how to run it and "What in the world am I going to share?" Roughly have something in mind now (I think..), but since I'm a bit nervous (doesn't that happen to everybody when they do stuff for the first time? :p) and stressed with tonnes of assignments weighing over my head, some last minute inspiration might help.. hopefully it goes smoothly by grace..

Additional notes:
2 days before CG, as I was asking for what to share, the context that came to mind was David, the verse was 1 Samuel 17:37, 45
Message correlation with theme: David could have seen himself as just some ordinary guy, but he chose to see Himself as a child of God, who has delivered him from the lions and bears when he was a shepherd, and that's where he drew his strength and courage from to defeat Goliath.. Applying to us today, when you talk about a lense (as a device for you to see through) in the midst of various trials and challenges, do we feel discouraged and just crawl back into our shell like the tortoise? Or are we able to clearly see ourselves as David did, and let Him move in our lives today..

Double-checked with my leader, he gave the green light.. and thank God yesterday's CG ran quite smoothly.. honestly we had a wonderful time.

Question of discussion during sharing:
Overall, do you see yourself as a positive or negative person? What attitudes make you say this and what do you think can be improved upon in the future.
After discussion, I represented my small group to share. To be honest, I think I have become lame to the extent that the final sentence of the following statement can even come out of me..
My answer: Overall, I feel that we are all generally positive people. For example, me being lame may last time be seen as a liability but I would prefer to see it now as a means of breaking the ice when it comes to initiating a conversation with someone I don't know.. For Yu Han, being a bit emotional last time, he may now even be able to relate to people who are feeling down.. ---shared about 2 more of my group members' attitudes--- Therefore, since we are all positive people, we should be able to attract negative people and neutralise their charge, ok?
*Laughter and applause*

No comments: