Monday, October 22, 2007

The mad dash towards portfolio submission

Monday, supposed to submit a collection of assignments worth 30% of the whole year's marks..

8.15 am - Woke up and realised that I was late for assignment meeting.. crap.. could nto really do much at home coz hostel internet broke down..
8.30 am - God, why is it raining so heavily??
8.40 am - Rained receded a bit, walked under the rain.. luckily on the way Sue Wern saw me and gave me a lift to uni..
9.00 am - Went and top up print quota RM 20

..and later spent duno how long printing endless pages of reflective essays and HLSD interviews.. sent the edited version of the 3000 word Health Promotion report to our academic advisor for proof-reading.. He said it was ok, only got a few things to edit. Then, found out that we were SO over the word limit with 3800+ words.. need to chop.. opened the file, and I was wondering, "I thought yesterday I spent the whole day editing the sections b4 sending it off 4 my group member 2 do referencing, HOW COME THE SECTIONS LOOKED DIFFERENT??!!" No time 2 really bother dy lar.. spent the entire lunchtime adding appendices and editing til 3 sumthin.. printed my additional pieces of work earlier (man, colour printing already burnt a big hole in my pocket.. RM7.50 for 5 pages in the additional pieces of work..

Then, they dropped the bombshell.. we printed double copies of the HLSD interviews already, now they tell us they wanted a photocopy of the consent forms as well.. so went 2 office to submit other assignments first 2 clear some stuff out of the way, they turn me away and ask me get everything done then only submit at one go.. felt like blowing up on the spot.. so I ran to the bookstore 2 get stuff photocopied. stupid bookstore, u know rite at some shops if u photocopy more than a certain amount they give u somethin like 5 cents per page.. Here dun have, RM9.20 (10 cents per page), super expensive.. if not coz its raining and I was in a rush, I oso dowan 2 do it there..

Then another bad news, they wanted a second copy for the 2 additional pieces of work. *pengsanz* i'm not going 2 print out another set of coloured slides.. total waste of money. so i went 2 photocopy, that guy said sorry come back in 10 minutes, he needs to go to the toilet.. WHAT THE..

There was a LONG queue after 10 minutes, so there I was waiting.. super cannot stand dy.. dun care lar.. for additional pieces of work, just grab CF posters which happened 2 b on the wall 2 supplement my reflective essay (convenient :p)

4.55 pm - Submitted assignments just in time.. there was a super long queue at the office, and those who ended up submitting after 5pm although they were waiting there for ages apparently will be penalised 5% of their marks.. what nonsense.. with last minute notices that we will have to make double copy for everything, now they say its our fault?? Hello? I'm supposed 2 b practising my OSCE practical exam leh b4 tomorrow's mock exam..

I'm tired, cranky, sick (headache, cold, fever and whole body aching) thanks to 4 hours of sleep per day for the past week rushing this project. Apart from a Mars bar for snack, I did not eat 4 whole day til dinner.. Last but not least, I'm FED UP with all the nonsense they are putting us through..

but..

Guess I'm being taught to be thankful for little things that come my way.. postponement of the deadline (otherwise it would have been due last Friday and we would have all died miserably), a carpool in the rain, the fact that our academic advisor said our HP essay is ok, how fortunate it was that I managed to submit b4 the office closed the deadline and started penalising people..all happened by God's grace.. Guess I'm not being appreciative or learning it that well though..

No comments: