Saturday, June 24, 2006

An Evening on the Futsal Pitch


Who says that a guy named Gary can't play futsal? (ironically there's another Gary in our team who is the striker [sigh, my name is not special anymore :p]) I felt the need to have a go at a game since I am bored for now. So there I was, filling in the boots of a defender (i was wearing my M205 Orientation t-shirt). True: I can't dribble. True: I rarely score goals (all my goals scored are due to careless defending rewarded by me poaching in the right place at the right time) True: my mistakes as a goalkeeper cost us some goals quite some time back (although when i became keeper for the first time i was invincible for 3 matches)..but today, up against some formidable opposition, we showed them that if they want to score, they'll have to work for it..my role for today sounded simple: marking and ball-clearing (ie kick the ball far far away)..wasn't as easy as i thought, being a defender against this opponent requires a lot of running (we relied on long balls for attack)..and boy was i damn tired after the game.. (a fellow teammate jokingly asked me to go in two-footed on the opposition, aka destroy the opposition.. haha - since i accidentally KO'ed a few people in the past before, why not? :p) but i'm happy at what we achieved..(2 games, 1st game lost 1-0, 2nd game lost on penalties).. i hate to lose, but i played well, we gave them a hard time, and the better team won.. i'll be back next time; with my Arsenal jersey..

No comments: