Friday, June 02, 2006

Lest we forget..


Final PCL for the semester..(whoopee!) and then it's off to exams..we had a party today after finishing the PCL in 1 hour (some of us went and mocked other groups who used up the entire 2 hours for presentation)..alcohol as usual for the locals..plus chocolates..had a little chat with my tutor Paul Nguyen (yes, he's Vietnamese, a trainee surgeon - aka that guy next to me in the photo holding the beer bottle)..

It remains to be seen whether we get the same PCL group for the next semester..interesting chat i had with Paul, he was commenting that I had progressed a lot since the first few weeks when I seemed rather the shy n quiet type..I did try to crap whenever i can, and debate as well..(my first debate, which ended in defeat)..thank God for that..

The day before the PCL, Jon asked for suggestions for a farewell present to give to Paul. I suggested something other than chocolates n beer put forward by them..something which has sentimental value..
Me: What about something he can use and remember us in the future at the same time?
Jon: I don't think he's even gonna bother about remembering us anyway. He'll probably tutor different students next sem and would have forgotten about us already..

I was left to dwell on this possibility..a difficult fact for me to swallow. Life moves on just like that and people just come and go in your life. But anyway, here's a toast to arguably the best PCL group!

Oh, and by the way, I got my first choice for Selectives in the 2nd semester: Surgical Anatomy..Hooray!!!

No comments: