Sunday, June 11, 2006

Random scribblings of my past shortcomings - 1

Since I don't really know what to blog about now (mind totally blank), I'll just dig up my past experiences..

I could still remember my secondary school choir competition..my school, SABS - stands for Sekolah Aku Bagus Sekali (ie my school is the best :p lolz) kiddingz, Sultan Abu Bakar School.. we were in the finals for the State Level competition.. all the hype was there as we were eager to progress to the national level choir competition..we practised really hard, I can see that our conductor was really very 'semangat' and tolerant of us lor even though we pissed her off numerous times :p anywayz, we discovered to our dismay, that our rival school SMART (SM Abdul Rahman Talib), the previous year's national level runner-up whom we defeated in the district level managed to convince the State Education Director or something to give them a second chance (hint: connections + under the table stuff). Anywayz, despite our performance receiving arguably the loudest applause from the audience and the SMART boys' lack of concentration (ie one of them wiped the sweat off his face midway through the performance, an act which would have warranted deduction of points), we were robbed of victory right under our noses on that very faithful night. A painful night. A night where cries of injustice echoed from our camp. A night where I actually cried like nobody else's business and threw a tantrum screaming and cursing the panel of judges who were rumoured to be biased (the chief judge was heard telling his colleagues to vote for SMART) etc. Couldn't sleep for the next few nights.. had to put up with the SMART ppl's antics during tuition for the next few weeks when they were so happy telling each other about their experiences at the National Level competition and their vacation in Langkawi.. this went on for a few years, and I can't help but to give SMART people an evil looking gaze whenever I walked past them..(happens very often, since both schools were just 30 metres apart, separated by a small road) There were mudslingings from time to time. A year later, we were at it again when a few of their choir members who were part of their first aid team (SJAM) tried to cheat during our state competition..Serves them right when their handphones were confiscated after one of our team members screwed them.. These antics continued even after I have left school to do my A-Levels in Taylor's. But at the expense of my friendship with some SMART people I know? Ex-classmates told me that I should stop behaving like a sore loser..

Today here I am, and I ask myself, am I still angry over that incident? Things happen. There are various injustices in life..People make mistakes..and God allows these to happen..
Our conductor has moved on (currently doing medicine in the UK), my good friends have forgotten about it..what about me? still acting like a small kid? the question to ask is; "Have I?" if not, "Should I?"

No comments: